Kregel, Inc. is composed of three divisions, Kregel Publications, Editorial Portavoz, and Kregel Parable Christian store. Each has a unique history.
Sensing a growing need for solidly evangelical works, Kregel Publications began in 1949 to supply resources to meet the spiritual needs of evangelical readers as well as the professional needs of pastors, missionaries, teachers, and Christian leaders. Today, Kregel's backlist has over 900 titles including books on Christian education and ministry, contemporary issues, Christian living, fiction, and biblical studies, in addition to reprints of classic works. Kregel Publications represents Lion Hudson plc, of Oxford, England in the North American market as the exclusive distributor of Monarch Books, Lion Fiction, and Candle Books, and is the religious market distributor for Lion Books and Lion Children's Books.
Established by veteran missionaries to Spain, Harold and Esther Kregel, Editorial Portavoz relocated its publishing program in 1982 to new offices at Kregel, Inc. in Grand Rapids. Today, Editorial Portavoz offers a wide selection of over 500 solid, evangelical titles for the spiritual growth and encouragement of Hispanic readers worldwide.
The greater Grand Rapids area is served by the full-service Kregel Parable Christian Store. Located in Grandville on Chicago Dr. near Wilson Avenue SW the store features a full selection of uniquely Christian products including books, Bibles, music, videos, cards, gifts, and ministry resources — all carried in stock every day.
- The verbal and plenary inspiration of the Bible as God's Word, inerrant in the original writings
- One God, existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- The deity of Jesus Christ; His virgin birth, substitutionary death for human sin, bodily resurrection, and personal return
- The personality and present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and who regenerates and indwells all believers, creating one body of believers, the Church, throughout the world
- The reality of human sin and the necessity of personal conversion and regeneration through faith in the all-sufficient, atoning work of Jesus Christ
- The biblical call to all believers to live in obedience to the teachings of Scripture as God's holy and elect people
- That all who hold such a common faith are one family in Christ and are to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace